Bariatric Surgery: Health Implications & Incredible Benefits
Bariatric surgery helps in substantial weight loss and is effective particularly in obese people who have failed to get any long-term results using other weight loss techniques. The procedure is known to reduce the actual storage capacity of your stomach. Thanks to the procedure, your food intake would be limited because you would feel full much before you would normally feel full. Opt for an effective gastric bypass surgery in Victoria for effective results.
There are different types of bariatric surgery. Some of the effective techniques include gastric bypass surgery, gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy, and gastric plication. Your doctor would know best which one of the treatments you must avail to cater to your unique needs.
Weight Loss: A Major Benefit
The main benefit of bariatric surgery is sustained and significant weight loss. According to experts, most obese patients who require shedding over 65 pounds must have experimented with various techniques to lose weight but even if some of them have been successful in achieving reasonable weight loss at first, most of them gain back the weight in less than even a year.
Losing substantial weight and then regaining weight would be doing nothing for the mitigation of health risks associated with obesity. You need to sustain the weight loss for at least, a period of 5 years to regard it as a successful attempt. Consult a reputed weight loss surgeon based in Victoria for a successful and effective gastric bypass surgery. Here are some more health benefits of bariatric surgery.
- Remission of type-2 Diabetes: The procedure promises remission of type-2 Diabetes on a long-term basis. This procedure seems to be pretty successful in obese patients suffering from type-2 diabetes. This surgical treatment would allow almost all obese patients to be free of insulin and associated medications for a minimum of three years after the surgery.
- Enhanced cardiovascular health: Bariatric surgery helps in decreasing the chances of coronary heart disease, peripheral heart disease, and even stroke. Cholesterol and blood pressure levels could return to normal after surgery thus, mitigating these health risks and boosting overall well-being.
- Elimination of depression: Most obese people suffer from low self-confidence and poor self-esteem. They invariably suffer from depression due to social stigma and poor body image. The relatively younger people suffering from obesity are not able take part in usual activities resulting in depression and social isolation. When such patients lose the excess weight, their emotional health would certainly get a tremendous boost.
- Improvement in fertility: Boost in fertility is another major benefit of this weight loss surgery.
- Relief from joint pain: When you are overweight you would be exerting a lot of stress on all your weight-bearing bones and joints resulting in chronic pain due to joint damage. Once you lose drastic weight, you tend to enjoy greater mobility and you can survive without any pain management medications.
- Elimination of obstructive sleep apnea: You could get rid of sleep apnea because of the weight loss surgery that allows achievement and sustenance of normal weight range. Now the patients could do without the CPAP machine that they had to use during bedtime.
Several other health issues including pregnancy complications, metabolic syndrome, gallbladder disease etc. would be alleviated thanks to this procedure. You may seek an effective gastric bypass surgery from the best weight loss surgeon in Victoria.